Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dreaming of Mexico

This morning I came across a post on A Cowgirl's West about her holiday trip to Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita.

Ah - just what a girl needed (or at least what this girl needed), a reminder of the surf, sand, and off grid time that awaits us in February. Dave and I will be heading out for our annual 'toes in sand' trip with its promise of warm days, calming waves, and a little adventure. It is this annual trip that gets me through the final winter months.

Last year we made the trek to PV, followed by a few days near Sayulita. More on that at The Best Trip Ever! The PV Chapter and The Best Trip Ever! The Beach Chapter.

This year we'll be heading straight to Sayulita. While I am sure there will be plenty of reading time on the beach, I am beginning the research for our days of adventure. Our last trip took us to San Sebastian in the Sierra Madres, so my thoughts are turning to the trips we *just* talked about last year up the coastline to San Pancho (aka San Francisco) and the fishing village of San Blas. Just thinking about the adventure that lies ahead inspires me.

No comments: