I think about blogging about the music events we have been to recently, the cool up and coming new technology companies in Boulder, the experiences we have living on open space, and those people that have been a positive force in my life.
I've considered blogging about Randy Pausch and what an inspiration he continues to be as his Last Lecture reaches more and more people everyday. About Where the Hell is Matt and how his simple act of joining people through dance warms the heart. About Eric Lowen of Lowen and Navarro and how he is living his life to the fullest while ALS changes his life a little more with each passing day.
I have thought about it, but the words have not made it onto the page.
And then, this week I received an email that touched me. You know the kind - an email that makes the circuit. As we each read it, we think "wow, that makes sense" and then we pass it along to our friends. I did pass this one on. And, then I read it again. Then I printed it to keep close by as a little reminder to take care of myself, make the time for what is important, and to be kind to those I love as well as random people I meet in my day to day life.
Now, I am breaking my blogging fast and am sharing it with you. Perhaps it will "make sense" and you'll pass it along. Perhaps it will be your little reminder, too. Or, perhaps the words will sit with you quietly and come back to you just when you need the wisdom they share.
(I am sorry to say I do not know from where the list originated and a Google search brought only others that were sharing the words just as I. To the unknown author - thank you.)
25 Tips for a Better Life
- Take a 10 - 30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
- When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to _________ today."
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
- Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
- Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- God heals almost everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Each night before you got to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for _______ . Today I accomplished _______ ."
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- Forward this to everyone you care about.